The members of the Verity team are typically engaged as independent professionals to provide an objective view of the value-oriented issue at hand. We often opine on financial issues in a written report for use in trial, mediation, negotiation or presentation to various parties.
Our goal is to analyze complex financial issues and provide our conclusion in a concise, understandable manner.
We determine the value of a business for a variety of purposes including:
- Shareholder disputes
- Matrimonial disputes
- Commercial litigation
- Tax compliance and planning
- Estate and succession planning
- Corporate reorganizations
- Transactions, including purchases, sales and financing
Our group’s extensive knowledge, experience and insight in assisting with matrimonial disputes enable us to identify and address even the most complex financial issues that may arise during a divorce or separation.
As independent, credible and experienced valuation professionals, we can assist with family law disputes by preparing independent expert evidence that can be used in court, mediation or arbitration. We have participated in numerous family law disputes in a collaborative setting (including attending mediation or arbitration) as well as through the litigation process.
Financial Litigation Support
We assist in every stage of the financial litigation process – from the preliminary analysis and assisting counsel in the preparation for questioning, to the preparation and critique of expert reports, to assistance during the mediation process and provision of expert testimony at trial.
We often are engaged to address issues such as:
- Shareholder or partnership disputes, including shareholder oppression
- Commercial litigation
- Damages quantification
- Accounting-of-profits analyses
- Business interruption
- Intellectual property infringement
- Breach of contract
- Income calculations for family law purposes
Tax, Estate & Succession Planning
We have extensive experience in valuing businesses for the purposes of tax, estate and succession planning.
In addition to determining the value of the business, we can assist with income tax compliance as well as estate and succession planning matters in a variety of contexts, including:
- Deemed dispositions
- Estate freezes and corporate reorganizations
- Disputes with taxation authorities related to value
- Valuation of stock option benefits
- Non-arm’s length transactions
Forensic accounting is a specialty area of accounting that involves the review and investigation of financial information. We have extensive experience assisting with the following financial issues:
- Fraud investigations
- Forensic accounting
- Asset tracing (including for the purposes of matrimonial property exemption claims)
- Identifying unreported income and assets
- Lifestyle analysis
Contact us today